We are pleased to announce the 2015 Fire Prevention Essay Contest. The contest is open to all fourth, fifth, sixth, and seventh grade students in Washington County. The topic for this year is “Home Fire Safety”. All essay must be written on this topic to be eligible. There will be five (5) winners selected from each grade for a total of twenty (20) winning essays. The 1st place winners of each grade will receive $100 dollars, and 2nd through 5th place will receive $20 dollars. The fire prevention committee will notify the winners by mail and/or phone. A complimentary luncheon and awards presentations will be held on October 11, 2015 at 11:00am at the Washington County Fire Academy, 895 Western Avenue, Washington, PA 15301. All essays must be postmarked no later than October 2, 2015. If you should have any questions please feel free to contact Chairman Jon Kimberland via email at email@example.com or by phone (412) 251-7908.
MAIL ESSAYS TO:
Washington County Firemens’ Association
Attn: Jon Kimberland
100 W. Beau Street, Suite C1
Washington, PA 15301
- The deadline for the contest is October 2, 2015. All essays must be postmarked by this date.
- Essays must be the original work of the student.
- Essays must relate to the 2015 topic “Home Fire Safety”
- All essays must have a registration form attached
- The students name cannot be on the essay.
- Essays will be grouped and judge based on the students grade.
- All judges will be from the Washington County Firemens’ Association
- There will be (5) winners from each grade level of 4th-7th. The prizes are as follows: