Lewis E. Crumrine Scholarship
To qualify for the memorial scholarship of five hundred dollars ($500.00), the following criteria must be met:
• The candidate must be a resident of Washington County, or be a member in good standing of a fire department or company that is a member of the Washington County Firemens’ Association;
• The candidate must have met all high school graduating requirements;
• The candidate must show proof of enrollment in a post school course or school in public safety or training, i.e: Fire Sciences, Forensics, Law Enforcement, Emergency Medical Technician, and/or Paramedic. Nursing or medical doctor fields are NOT applicable;
• Candidates are required to submit an essay, 3 pages maximum, on Public Safety and their reason for entering their specific field;
• Candidates must submit a resumé application and the essay to the Washington County Firemens’ Association no later than 15 June of the year they are applying, to the address below. The envelope shall state “Scholarship”;
• The resumé shall include the candidate’s name, parent’s name, if the candidate is a student, home address, telephone number, and the name of their local fire department or company;
• The scholarship committee will select the winning essay and the winning candidate will be notified by the Washington County Firemens’ Association.
Information about the scholarship will be available at the high school Guidance Office, local fire department, or at the address below.
Washington County Firemens’ Association
Joe Slebonick, Chairman
825 Addison Street
Washington, PA 15301